LIFE COACHING SESSIONS
Walk in the Spirit: Obedience
1. To listen, to harken a. Of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is
2. To harken to a command
a. To obey, be obedient to, submit to
Romans 5:19 English Standard Version (ESV) 19 For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.
1. Obedience to God’s commands is the true sign of your love for God, and the only way you can know if you are obeying God is by knowing his Word.
2. 2 Cor 3:18 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
3. The first “glory” is that of the Old Covenant—the Law of Moses—while the second is that of the New Covenant, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
4. The transformation is to the glory of the New Covenant, which far surpasses the Old in every way. It forgives us of our sin and gives us sinners life (John 6:63). It is written on believers’ hearts by the Holy Spirit (Jeremiah 31:33; 2 Corinthians 3:3), so our obedience to God springs up from within us by God-given desires rather than by threats of legal punishment.
Contact us for more messages of hope, encouragement through Christ Jesus, and information of individual and group coaching services.